Sunday, May 9, 2010

Surfer Blood


I am so glad to be back this week and with a really great new band to share. Last week my cable was out so I could not get online to make a post or download tunes to find the band to share. So with out further delay I give you my band of the week Surfer Blood! This indie rock band is from West Palm Beach, Florida. Now those of you who know me know I am a Florida kid and always will be at heart so it is really nice to be able to support a band from back home. I came across Surfer Blood while listening to bands that played SXSW in 2009. The first song I heard was also their single Swim which came out last year. Their debut EP Astro Coast came out in January of this year. Surfer Blood has a sound you would expect of a group from a Florida beach town. I am not saying its a beachy sound but it is very mellow. Something like Minus The Bear meets Interpol. The dark side of mellow. All of the instruments blend together for a very smooth sound that rarely breaks stride in any song. The vocals keep the same pace but give the band their darker vibe. This band has a very bright future. Their album Astro Coast is a very complete and finished sounding collection for a first go. I look forward to hearing new things from them. Check them out and let me know what you think. I am always down to hear what you think and if you have any band you think I should check out. Enjoy the tunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment