Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lets hit up a Two Door Cinema Club


This weeks band is called Two Door Cinema Club and they were recommended to me by my good friend Patrick. A fellow blogger I asked him after last weeks epic three band blog for help finding something new. Right away he thought of Two Door Cinema Club. Knowing Patrick like I do I was very confident that I would like them. I have to say that I was shocked when I listened to a few of their songs just how much I liked them. As it turns out Two Door Cinema Club is another band from the British Isles oh excuse me not the British Isles. They hail from Bangor, Northern Ireland. I think they would agree its not the same as being British. Signed to a small French label their first album(Tourist History) came out only March 1st of this year. The band has had somewhat of a quick rise to fame having only formed in 2007. It is immediately understandable when you hear their music just why they grew so fast. I went in not knowing what to expect only having one track recommended and was instantly hooked. The band plays a mix of indie rock and electro rock. Their sound is very original. Some tracks have heavy electronica sounds and other are pure indie rock. This bands seems to make music just for me because I have yet to find a song that I skip by. It is just up beat tempo and very well played instruments. I have only been listening to Two Door Cinema Club for a week and already I find myself singing along to the lyrics. They have a lot of feeling in some songs and are just really fun in others. It makes for some really good listening. You do not get burned out by always being heavy or bored with no substance. Overall I am just so excited I know about this band now and I hope that you give it a listen stat!! Thanks goes to Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment