Friday, April 2, 2010

So tired of all the naysayers... Lets find more YEASAYERS


Yeasayer... Can you think of a better name for a band? Other then my band on Rock Band called Rainy Sundays I sure can not. Yeasayer hail from Brooklyn, New York. When I first got their album I had no idea what to expect. I had never heard of them before. I first got their album Odd Blood in February. I actually their album around the same time that I got The XX album XX and the Chiodos album All's Well That Ends Well. At first I was hooked by The XX but I never really listened to the whole album. I would pick and choose songs I liked most. With Yeasayer though I really like every song. And as a result I find Yeasayer getting more and more plays. Yeasayer finds a way to mix a lot of different sounds to find a happy medium with them all. With a strong electronic sound going on they mix in some definite rock sounds and their own brand of psychedelic beats to create their completely new sound. Laid down on that new sound are some really catchy lyrics. I do not know how to tell you what the lyrics sound like. I can defiantly hear some 80's new wave vibes in his voice but there are also points where its really alt rock. I think the fact that all the songs on this album sound different helps with the replay ability. I would give you a top 5 favorite tracks from the album but seeing that its only a ten track album I will go with a top 3. First off is Ambling Alps, next is Madder Red, and rounding it out is Love Me Girl. I think these songs show the diversity of the album as well as the best the album has to offer. I hope that after reading you will check out Yeasayer. I gave it a spin and now I can not stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment