Sunday, March 14, 2010

the beginning


So I am just going to be honest. I have no idea what I am doing. I do not know what will become of this blog. I am just going to enjoy the journey. I feel I have a lot to say and I would enjoy sharing it with the world.

Right now I am sitting in my room listening to some new music I just downloaded. I am trying to figure out if I like it. It was a free music download from the Urban Outfitters website. They are promoting SXSW(South by Southwest). It was a group of 25 songs from various artists who are playing at the festival. I am about half way through so far. I would say the 11 songs I have listened to are pretty good. None have struck me enough to warrant a second play but at the same time I have not skipped past any songs mid play. I am really notorious for skipping songs for no reason other then I want to know whats on next. I really have an obsession with finding new music. I do not care if they are a band that only has one recorded track or if they are on top of the world. I do not discriminate. I really have become hooked on the UO blog newsletters because every Monday they have 5 free music downloads. I recommend everyone check it out immediately. There is a lot more on there then just free music. And if anyone reading knows of a place to check out new music or wants to just promote their band I would totally love to take a listen and offer my opinion. I can not say if anyone will read this but I hope if people do I can be a part of someone trying something new. Well I think this is a good place to end for the night. I will be back with more to share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment